How to Clean Your Hung/Vertical Sliders Windows
Follow these steps to clean your Hung/Vertical Sliders Windows:
- Unlatch your single or double hung window.
- On a single hung window where only the bottom portion opens, raise that sash as high as it can go, press the sash release buttons towards the center and gently tilt the sash into your home and rest it on the bottom sill or trim.
- Clean your window and then gently tilt it back into the frame of the window until it is securely latched.
- Similar to the single hung, with a double hung you can operate the lower interior sash as you would described above. But on the upper outside sash, only lower it enough to allow your fingers to access the sash release buttons and then gently pull the sash inward and lean carefully against the lower sash. After cleaning, raise both sashes towards the frame and securely engage into the track.
- Always insure that the sashes run effortlessly in the track, that they engage each other well when interlocked, and latch for airtightness.